Thursday, April 29, 2010

Time

Riddle:

This thing all things devours:
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

Answer:  Time        - The Hobbit

Sorry I have been away, but I haven't been able to login. I have decided that this blog will become a weekly posting, because as the topic title suggests, time is an issue. I may post more, but I want to try and be diligent in posting at least once a week.

Time is my bane right now, or rather my perception of it. If I feel as if I do not have enough time in any one sitting to complete a thought of a particular scene, I do not even begin.

I know the reality of the situation is quite different, but how does one convince your mind of this. I believe we carry this thinking through to other areas of our lives. How many times have we failed to start something only because we felt the window of availability simply was not there. And no one really likes to leave a task half done.

I am going to try something radical for myself. I am going to write with the assumption that my scene will only be half done when I get up from my chair and turn my attention to other matters of life.

Be well my friends!

4 comments:

  1. It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills.
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.

    Answer: Dark

    Classic........
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5sFN6EXGyc&feature=watch_response_rev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Previous riddle from.......The Hobbit

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more classic.....about time......

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBWDHyAct4w&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just keep pushing through, Roland. You will get there!

    ReplyDelete